Morris Communications Company, LLC, and Affiliates
Applicability and Preface
Morris Communications Company, LLC
MCC Magazines, LLC
Morris Visitor Publications, LLC
Morris Business Media, LLC
MVP Global, LLC
How We gather information from Users
How we collect and store information depends on the page you are visiting, the activities in which you elect to participate and the services provided. You can visit many pages on our site without providing any information. Other pages may prompt you to provide information, such as when you register for access to portions of our site, sign up for membership, request certain features (e.g., newsletters, news updates and other products), sign up for a magazine or newspaper subscription or make a purchase. You may also provide information when you participate in sweepstakes and contests, voting and polling activities, blogs, message boards and chat rooms and other interactive areas of our site. Like most Web site operators, we also collect information automatically and through the use of electronic tools that may be transparent to our visitors. For example, we may log the name of your Internet Service Provider or use ‘cookie’ technology. Among other things, the cookie may store your user name and password, sparing you from having to re-enter that information each time you visit, or may control the number of times you encounter a particular advertisement while visiting our site. As we adopt additional technology, we may also gather information through other means. In certain cases, you can choose not to provide us with information, for example by setting your browser to refuse to accept cookies, but doing so may limit your ability to access certain portions of the site. Additionally we may not be able to customize the site’s features according to your preferences.
What We do with the information We collect
We will use your information only as permitted by law. Aggregated Information (information that does not personally identify you) may be used in many ways. As one example, we may combine information about your usage patterns with similar information obtained from other users to learn which pages are visited most or what features are most attractive. Aggregated Information may occasionally be shared with our advertisers and business partners, but cannot be used to contact you individually.
Personally Identifiable Information collected by us may also be used for other purposes including but not limited to site administration and troubleshooting. Certain third parties who provide technical support for the operation of our site (our Web hosting service and our newsletter provider, for example) may access such information.
As we continue to develop our business, we may sell, buy, merge or partner with other companies or businesses. In such transactions, user information may be among the transferred assets. We may also disclose your information in response to a court order, at other times when we believe we are reasonably required to do so by law, in connection with the collection of amounts you may owe to us, and/or whenever we deem it appropriate or necessary to give such information to law enforcement authorities. Please note we may not provide you with notice prior to disclosure in such cases.
Affiliated sites, linked sites and advertisements
We expect our partners, advertisers and third-party affiliates to respect the privacy of our users. However, third parties, including our partners, advertisers, affiliates and other content providers accessible through our site, may have their own privacy and data collection policies and practices. For example, during your visit to our site you may link to, or view as part of a frame on one of our pages, certain content that is actually created or hosted by a third party. Also, through our sites you may be introduced to, or be able to access, information, Web sites, advertisements, features, contests or sweepstakes offered by other parties. We are not responsible for the actions or policies of such third parties. You should check the applicable privacy policies of those third parties when providing information on a feature or page operated by a third party.
Please be careful and responsible whenever you are online. Should you choose to voluntarily disclose Personally Identifiable Information on our site, such as in message boards, chat areas or in advertising or notices you post, that information can be viewed publicly and can be collected and used by third parties without our knowledge and may result in unsolicited messages from other individuals or third parties. Such activities are beyond the control of us and this policy.
We use the information we collect about you in the following ways:
- To respond to any requests from you regarding sales and support.
- To contact you regarding any agreements or accepted terms that you may have with us.
- To provide you with marketing emails, special offers, advertising campaigns, or newsletters.
- To provide you with information logs associated with the use of ours.
- To contact you regarding functionality changes to our Services or website.
- To develop new features and functionality to our Services and website.
- To collect payment and bill for our Services.
- To help personalize searches.
- To diagnose problems.
- To find and prevent fraud.
- To register your domain and IP address through ARIN (American Registry for Internet Numbers).
- To carry out other purposes as disclosed to you through the website, or found in terms or an agreement between you and the company or its subsidiaries.
- Process for other purposes for which we obtain your consent.
How we share your information
- Advertising – Based on the cookies and other tracking devices, we may work with advertising companies to display ads that may be of interest to you.
- Business Transactions – To provide information to a third party in the event of any disposition of all or any portion of our business (e.g. reorganization, sale, assignment, bankruptcy).
- Aggregated or De-identified Data – We may disclose or use aggregated or de-identified information with third party providers for research purposes relating to our Services.
- As Required by Law or Similar Investigations – To comply with legal obligations (e.g. subpoena) or investigate potential legal violations. We may be required to share personal data in response to lawful requests from public authorities including to meet national security and/or law enforcement requirements.
- Safety – We may disclose your information to protect and defend our in connection with investigating and preventing fraud or security issues.
- Consent – We may also share your information with your consent.
- You may unsubscribe from receiving promotional or marketing emails from us at any time by using the “unsubscribe” link in the email received, or by emailing us at email@example.com.
- You can also control your cookie settings.
- With respect to your account information, you may update, correct or delete information that you provided to us by or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personally Identifiable Information from or about children under the age of 13, except as permitted by law. If we discover we have received any information from a child under the age of 13 in violation of this policy, we will delete that information immediately. If you believe we have any information from or about anyone under the age of 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Compliance with legal process
We may disclose personal information if We are required to do so by law or We in good faith believe that such action is necessary to (1) comply with the law or with legal process; (2) protect and defend our rights and property; (3) protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our websites; or (4) protect the personal safety or property of our users or the public (among other things, this means that if you provide false information or attempt to pose as someone else, information about you may be disclosed as part of any investigation into your actions).
DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS
Individuals located in the European Union (“EU”) may have additional statutory rights available to them with respect to their personal information, including the right to access your personal information, have it erased, have it corrected, or object to or restrict processing. If you would like to make such a request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond within thirty (30) days. We will need to verify that the individual is inquiring about his/her own information before we can assist with the request.
We will comply with such requests to the extent legally required by applicable law. For EU individuals, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
How To Contact Us
For any questions or comments, you may contact us:
- By E-mail: email@example.com
- By Phone: 800-680-4035
- By Fax: 706-836-3596
- By Mail: 643 Broad St., Augusta, GA 30901